The Martin Group — a premier branding agency in Buffalo, NY — is looking for a full-time Front-End Web Developer and Designer to join our digital department, which was ranked by Business First as one the top web design firms in Western New York.
As a Front-End Web Developer and Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Custom development of new websites based on existing design deliverables
- Design of new websites based on existing assets
- Updating and maintaining some pre-existing sites
- Assistance with set-up, integration and maintenance of some third-party providers, including email clients, payment funnels, social media channels, and more
- Some additional web-based graphic design and production
The ideal candidate has commercial experience, a strong personal initiative, and a passion for new and emerging web technologies and design practices.
Responsibilities and functions include:
- Working directly with the digital, creative and brand manager teams on a variety of digital projects
- Creating website mock-ups and mechanicals in Adobe Photoshop
- Converting Photoshop page layouts into HTML and CSS
- Coding websites in WordPress and/or other open-source CMS
Required skills and attributes include:
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Flash)
- Knowledge of file optimization of images, vector graphics and more for the web
- Excellent problem solving skills and love of technical challenges
- Exceptional design skills with a creative eye and attention to detail
- Expertise in HTML & CSS (especially HTML5 and CSS3)
- Expertise in WordPress custom development, including responsive design, parent and child themes, template creation, and custom plug-in implementation
- Expertise with front-end frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Expertise with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS
- Expertise with e-Commerce and SSL requirements with regards to accessibility and security compliance
- An understanding of browser limitations and workarounds (specifically IE8+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Comfortable working independently while adhering to frequent deadlines and budgets
- Communicating consistently with team on project status, as well as providing technical consultation across the life of the project, including UI/UX design feasibility
- Comfortable offering support to clients, including user training
- 2- or 4-year degree in Computer Science, Digital Arts, Graphic Design or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience in web design and development
- Health insurance benefits, vision and dental through a health exchange where company provides a stipend.
- Annual reviews.
- 401K plan with a 100% match on the first 3% of your contributions, 50% match on the next 2%.
- Parking fully paid.
- Paid sick, vacation and personal days.
- FSA and HSA.
- Supplemental insurance options, including vision, life, accident, diability income and pet policies.
Email Digital Manager David Cloyd for more information.