The Martin Group, a premier integrated communications firm is looking to hire a Senior Account Manager.
At The Martin Group, we have a different brand of thinking. You will be successful in this role if you’re passionate about client success and connecting with every contact, deliver what is promised to internal and external contacts, demonstrate creativity in delivering solutions and are committed to your own personal growth and development.
The Senior Account Manager is the liaison to the client and central to the development of on-going business. Join our enthusiastic, growing team and help us foster successful client relationships and drive our business forward.
- Liaison to the client, responsible for managing the strategy and day-to-day campaign execution for a number of clients, as well as mentoring junior members of the Account Service team.
- Responsible for nurturing the client relationship for assigned accounts, owned between the client and the Agency
- Ensures all client’s needs and expectations are met with projects that are on strategy, on time and within budget; the Senior Account Manager should also be in close enough contact with the client and his/her business to identify both issues and new growth opportunities
- Counsels clients in all areas of marketing, including but not limited to brand development, traditional, digital and social media advertising tactics, and spearheads efforts to develop strategies and meet client goals.
- Attends and conducts client meetings and internal project status meeting; presentations
- Writes Creative/Brand/Project Briefs, Points of View (POVs) and agency recommendations to the client
- Keeps well-informed on all responsible accounts’ activities, thus anticipating issues (internal or external) or client dissatisfaction and takes steps to remedy any such situation
- Reviews all project financials, including billing and reconciliations, and has a role in ensuring the agency’s profitability
- Maintains accurate and timely client, pipeline, and forecast data
- Manages budgets, timelines, workflow, meetings, and status reports for projects from start to finish
- Guiding projects through the agency, working with internal teams and clients (i.e. project management)
- Fully understands the TMG product offering that assigned clients utilize, works to build knowledge of full product offering to help grow the relationship with assigned clients
- Collaborates effectively internally and cross departmentally to achieve Agency objectives
- Helps identify, pursue and obtain new business opportunities within the client base, and act as an external agency ambassador by attending various chamber of commerce type gatherings, forums, and other business community events of interest.
- Is concerned with the agency’s profitability, and is alert to opportunities to build additional business from Clients.
- Work with agency colleagues to write responses to RFPs, RFQs and pitch presentations as needed
- Maintain awareness of local market news and advertising industry happenings and impacts, as well as opportunities
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills, driving the team to achieve deadlines, milestones and quality goals
- Ability to collaborate with disciplines across the agency
- Possesses a general understanding of pricing strategies, demographic and geographic trends, competitive analyses, and market conditions in order to craft a strategic approach and offer the client solutions and recommendations
- Communicates effectively with both the client and the agency’s creative team on specific projects
- Fluent in the agency’s process and be able to speak to the agency’s creative, digital and media expertise; high level of strategic thinking
- Builds strong, trusting relationships with clients by being their advocate, problem-solver and providing proactive thinking
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Collaborates effectively internally and cross departmentally to reach Agency objectives
- Ability to learn and become proficient in the Agency’s project management software
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, advertising, or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of agency or client experience
- Agency experience preferred
Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000
Competitive salary and benefits package. If interested, please fill out the form below.
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.