We’re looking to hire a Production Artist for our Rochester location. Strong composition and layout skills, strict attention to detail, as well as exceptional organizational, project, and file management are a must. Experience with a printer or packaging company is desired.
- Collaborating closely with the Studio Manager and other Production Designers. Must be team oriented and comfortable working closely with others.
- Preparing and versioning template files with specified content in place for designers.
- Reviewing designer files and scrubbing them for consistency, alignment with brand standards, color management, and printer specifications.
- Packaging files for release based on printer supplied specifications. Must have understanding of printing processes, and prepress procedures.
- Image retouching, clipping paths, and art manipulation.
Professional experience and skills:
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in design or other related positions is preferred for this position.
- Significant course work in graphic design, print production, visual arts or a related field, or work experience that demonstrates a clear knowledge of print production
and design, may suffice in the absence of a degree.
- Solid knowledge of printing processes and prepress procedures.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a must.
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.