The Martin Group, an integrated communications firm headquartered in Buffalo, NY is looking to hire a Proofreader/Copy Editor.
- Collaborates with creative, client services, and other internal resources to understand the client’s brand
- Corrects grammar and punctuation and edits content as necessary
- Ensures that creative upholds direction given in job briefs and change orders
- Maintains accuracy, consistency, and brand standards for all client projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Reviews creative deliverables for accuracy, clarity, and errors
- Maintains and follows style guides to ensure consistency; understands the client’s brand voice
- Proofreading and/or copy editing a long-form narrative, as necessary
- Proofreading or writing agency creative, proposals, or presentations, as necessary
Skills & Abilities
- A high level of skill in written English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to effectively manage multiple editing and proofreading projects and meet deadlines; ability to be flexible and switch between projects
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software; willing to learn other software as needed
- Communicates effectively in person, via email, and via the telephone with both the client and across internal departments for specific projects
- Ability to work well in both independent and highly collaborative settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with clients
- 2 years’ experience, or 1 year’s experience plus a bachelor’s degree in writing or equivalent field required
$40,000 – $55,000 annually
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.