The Martin Group is looking for a seasoned, dynamic and forward-thinking Director of Client Services to join our growing firm that is headquartered in Buffalo but also expanding in our Rochester office.
- Be a positive, proactive and productive team member
- Manage the day-to-day clients assigned to you, as well as oversee other brand managers and clients as deemed necessary
- Support the Senior Vice President/Client Services with planning and implementation of department goals
- Build strong, trusting relationships with clients by being their advocate, problem-solver and providing proactive thinking
- Ensures that the resources of the Agency are deployed with continued maximum effectiveness in the interest of assigned accounts
- Maintains consistent communication with SVP/Client Services. When appropriate, involves top Agency management in individual client business
- Keeps well-informed on all assigned accounts’ activities, thus anticipating issues (internal or external) or client dissatisfaction and takes steps to remedy any such situation
- Establish a process for and own the Account Plan for key clients, working with the brand managers to ensure it is the most up-to-date account of our clients at any point in time
- Is concerned with the agency’s profitability, and is alert to opportunities to build additional business from Clients. Controls costs, such as write-offs, and other un-billable areas associated with running the business
- Guides, advises and assists team members with the explicit goal of developing the agency’s account management talent, including the importance of developing strategic creative briefs
- Is a great listener of client needs and assimilating corresponding strategic recommendations. Is passionate about delivering smart creative
- Organizes and frequently updates training tools for the account team
- Participates in and contributes to new business activities of the agency as required
- Minimum of 7 years of agency experience that provides an understanding of advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, research, digital, etc.
- Experience in managing a team is also preferred
This job would work out of our Buffalo office. Please contact Senior Vice President of Client Services Lisa Strock for more information.