The Senior Brand Manager (SBM) is the liaison to the client, responsible for managing the strategy and day-to-day campaign execution for a number of clients, as well as supervising and managing junior members of the account team. The SBM is also essential in developing new business with existing clients as well as participating in or potentially leading new business activity, such as responses to RFPs and new business pitches.
The SBM should have a long-range view of the client account and be able to plan and manage activities over a year.
A key responsibility for the SBM is ensuring that the clients are pleased and, if not, identifying problems and solutions early. The SBM should be in close enough contact with the client and his/her business to identify new growth opportunities and competitive threats.
The SBM counsels clients in all areas of marketing, including but not limited to brand development, traditional, digital and social media advertising tactics, and spearheads efforts to develop strategies and meet client goals. The SBM should periodically review the clients’ business with a view towards identifying business needs.
The SBM is the day-to-day client contact and works closely with the creative team to provide strategic input and direction. He/she is responsible for attending and conducting most client meetings and internal project status meeting; presentations; and reviewing all project financials including billing and reconciliations.
This position would be based out of our Buffalo headquarters.
The SBM is critical to business development and is accountable for the success of the client relationship.
The SBM is accountable for:
• Demonstrating leadership, superior organization and efficiency.
• Supervising, managing, and reporting on account financials.
• Strategic development and accuracy of project documents.
• Adherence to timelines and agreed upon project and account milestones.
• Maintaining project records for efficiencies and record of activity.
• A bachelor degree or higher in marketing, business or related field.
• A minimum of five years of agency or client experience.
• References will be requested.
Please forward your resume to Lisa Strock, Senior Vice President, Client Services email@example.com.