The Martin Group seeks a dynamic, resourceful public relations professional to join its team as a senior account manager, responsible for managing PR strategy and day-to-day tactical execution for a number of clients. The senior account manager will also develop and lead new business opportunities and grow PR business with existing agency clients. The position will be based out of our Buffalo headquarters, but some travel will be necessary.
- Effectively develop and implement full-scale public relations campaigns and projects
- Manage client relationships and budgets, working comfortably with clients’ senior management
- Help clients achieve success through personalized service and an understanding of their business and industry, as well as their challenges and opportunities
- Become a true counselor, providing insight, guidance and confidence in the face of difficult or sensitive situations
- Supervise internal staff, creative services, vendors and outside consultants as needed to carry out client requirements
- Demonstrate leadership, superior organization and efficiency
- Perform duties within time and budget constraints, managing financial aspects of accounts worked on with an understanding of both client and firm economics
- Adherence to timelines and agreed-upon project and account milestones
- Maintain project, time and expense reports for efficiencies and record of activity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- 8 plus years of experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Banking/financial, health care, public/governmental affairs, development and crisis communications experience preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record in media relations and trade publicity
- Demonstrated project and team management skills
- References will be requested
About The Martin Group
Headquartered in downtown Buffalo, The Martin Group was founded in 2001 and is a leading strategic branding, creative marketing and public relations firm. Using its proprietary Brand Fuel process – a mix of research, positioning, and creative invention – the agency has ignited brands for a wide range of local, national and international organizations. The firm has extensive experience in several categories, including retail and sports promotion, health care, financial services, industrial/ manufacturing, website development, and social and digital media. To learn more, visit tmgbrandfuel.com.
Please forward your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.