With direction and support from more senior members of the Strategy team, and in collaboration with others departments across the agency, you will take a lead role in the development and stewardship of brand and marketing communications strategy on behalf of various agency clients.
At The Martin Group, we have a different brand of thinking. You will be successful in this role if you’re passionate about client success and connecting with every contact, deliver what is promised to internal and external contacts, demonstrate creativity in delivering solutions and are committed to your own person growth and development.
- Leads brand discovery efforts, conducting strategy sessions, in-depth interviews (IDIs), and other client interactions to glean key insights necessary to inform brand strategy
- Develops core brand and marketing communications strategy deliverables, including (but not limited to) Brand Strategy Briefs, Agency Points of View (POVs), Brand Messaging Guides, etc.
- Leads the development of tactical marketing communications plans – working collaboratively with members of the account, media, PR, social, and digital teams – that maximize client budgets toward clearly defined goals and objectives
- Works seamlessly with account managers to maintain overall health and success of client agency relationships, ensuring a high standard of excellence in the execution of existing client deliverables while proactively offering recommendations and solutions to grow key accounts by advancing client objectives
- Attends and leads presentations to clients and prospects, building relationships and establishing trust
- Conducts research to stay current with market trends, as well as to forecast future trends, in a variety of industry categories and verticals
- Analyzes competitor and customer insights
- Understands pricing strategy in order to make recommendations for new clients on budgets.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively in person, via email, and via telephone and videoconference with both clients and colleagues
- Has a fundamental understanding of branding and positioning strategy, as well as digital and traditional marketing communicationtes tactics (I.e. print, broadcast, web, digital and social media, and emerging media channels, etc.)
- Collaborates effectively internally and across departments and disciplines to achieve Agency objectives
- Has proven experience working in a variety of computer programs, primarily Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing experience
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.