Martin Davison Public Relations (MDPR), an affiliate of The Martin Group (TMG), is seeking a Public Relations Manager. Our ideal candidate possesses skills/knowledge in both public relations and content concept development and coordination, and has the ability to balance multiple assignments and projects simultaneously, while driving overall agency publicity and promotion through earned media efforts, blogging, newsletter coordination, special events, and social media opportunities
The candidate should be a public relations/marketing/journalism professional with 4-6 years of experience in communications project/campaign management. Expertise in creating dynamic written and visual content, as well as familiarity in coordinating brand activations, press conferences, special events, staffing client needs, interacting with media, elected officials, non-profit leaders, and influencers, and possessing strategic communications and social media planning know-how is desired.
On a daily basis, candidate will act as project manager and point-of-contact on several different agency accounts, managing day-to-day needs of client and utilizing agency assets to most efficiently deliver service value and effectiveness. Candidate will assist in driving both strategy and tactical execution for client across media relations, community outreach, event activation, and social media efforts. In addition, candidate will have responsibility for oversight of media clip reporting, writing and pitching of media releases, composition of talking points, speeches and other content, attending client meetings and strategy sessions, and implementation of social media posts, tweets, and campaigns. Occasional travel may occur on an infrequent basis, at the direction of client and project needs.
- Manage client relationships and budgets, working comfortably with clients’ senior management and designated contacts
- Help clients achieve success through personalized service and an understanding of their business and industry, as well as their challenges and opportunities
- Become a trusted client counselor, providing PR and content insights, guidance and confidence in the face of difficult or sensitive situations
- Work with senior staff on the delivery of crisis communications services for clients, along with other more extensive/detailed campaigns/project efforts
- Act as agency “publicist” in coordinating and generating positive promotion of The Martin Group and MDPR through media pitching, special event sponsorship coordination, award entries, and social media content (in collaboration with social media team) (*paying particular attention to the promotional inclusion of the Rochester and Albany offices).
- Build leadership skills, while demonstrating superior organization and efficiency
- Perform duties within time/budget constraints, managing financial aspects of account worked on with understanding of client and firm economics
- Adherence to timelines and agreed-upon project and account milestones
- Maintain project, time and expense reports for efficiencies and record of activity
- Periodically contribute to new business initiatives, RFP’s, and agency marketing efforts
- Innovative and inquisitive thinker, who is self-motivated and brings strong teamwork skills
- Interest in driving creative thought and strategy for client, as well as contributing to overall new business development objectives
- Ability/drive to maintain knowledge and awareness of breaking public relations techniques, industry news, and best practices
- Interest in potential of being long-term contributor to the growth and evolution of an upstart public relations entity by helping push brand awareness, new market penetration, business development, strategic positioning, and assisting with overall reputation management
- Ability to thrive and prosper in fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
Location & Salary Range
Candidate would work out of corporate headquarters in Buffalo, NY, with infrequent travel on as-needed basis to client locations or other agency offices. Salary range commensurate with experience.
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.