The Martin Group, a leading integrated communications firm with offices across New York State, is seeking a Public Relations Manager for the agency’s growing public relations practice. The successful candidate will act as the day to day contact for various regional and national accounts, while overseeing content and creative service needs, as well as vendor and outside consultant relationships in order to meet client objectives—all while effectively communicating with the public, in order to help maintain a favorable image for clients.
Our agency adheres to a focus on “a different brand of thinking.” The selected candidate will be successful in this role through evidence of passion for client success and valuing connection with every contact, while delivering what is promised to internal and external contacts, demonstrating creativity in delivering solutions, and remaining committed to personal growth and development.
- Acts as the day to day contact for various clients, overseeing content and creative service needs, vendors and outside consultants as needed to carry out client requirements to maintain a favorable public image
- Helps clients achieve success through personalized service and an understanding of their businesses and industries, as well as their challenges and opportunities
- Writes compelling and on-brand content for traditional, digital, and social channels, as well as an aptitude to provide general insights on managing social media campaigns and efforts
- Assists colleagues in leading media relations outreach initiatives, inclusive of pitching, handling media queries, and managing relationships between clients/brands and regional/national media
- Attends networking and media events, as well as meetings with clients, suppliers and partner organizations to discuss aspects of PR campaigns and activities
- Leads or supports collesagues in the creation of press releases, media advisories, scripts, speeches, talking points, blog content, social media postings, advertising copy, and other internal/external public relations content
- Provides strategic counsel to clients, with support from senior members of the PR team.
- Leads or supports colleagues in delivering presentations to clients and other audiences
- Creates and manages client PR budgets and works with the larger agency PR department to ensure that projects are completed within the budget and time alotted
- Establishes high-level community business relationships, as future business drivers for agency including key print, broadcast, and digital journalists
- Executes research projects related to evaluating media opportunities, media interview preparation, and byline article/Op-Ed placements
- Participates in new business presentations periodically
- Potential opportunity to expand this role to a Sr. Manager or Supervisor title for more experienced candidate
- Plans special events for clients
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of news and digital trends and tactics, with the ability to mobilize audiences participation and engagement, and develop content and editorial pieces
- Communicates effectively in person, via email, and via the telephone with both the client and the agency’s Public Relations team on specific projects
- Strong ability to write content, copy and messaging in variety of styles, voices and tones, adaptable to different target audiences, product categories and branding initiatives
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, surpass client expectations, and demonstrate competence and discretion at all times.
- Ability to be proactive, reliable, reasonable and accurate with an attention to detail
- Proficient with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other Social Media sites
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Hootsuite, Dropbox, and other such tools
- Collaborates effectively internally and cross departmentally to reach Agency objectives
- Bachelors Degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the Public Relations field
- Agency experience preferred, as well as aptitude and familiarity with time tracking and account budgeting
Salary Range: $45,000 – $70,000/yr
*Candidates with diverse background experiences or innovative perspectives on the future of public relations and digital news evolution highly encouraged to apply.
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.