The Martin Group (TMG) is hiring a Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator. Our ideal candidate is an energetic, flexible, entry-level practitioner who possesses skills/knowledge in both public relations and social media, and has the ability to balance multiple assignments, while supporting several busy, senior-level public relations and social media professionals. This position requires strong communication, organization, and time management skills. An understanding of public relations, content marketing and social media trends is also a plus.
- Experience in public relations and media relations, and heavy interest in news and current events
- Familiarity with social media space and some experience managing Twitter, FB, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Snapchat accounts; as well as awareness of emerging platforms
- Strong written communication skills and ability to synthesize information quickly and communicate complex topics through media releases, social media posts, and other tactics
- Interest and developing knowledge of news, current affairs, content marketing/social media, influencer/ambassador, and digital trends and tactics
- Experience monitoring media coverage and/or social media engagement, as well as in building clips/coverage reports, outreach lists, media/influencer lists, and general brand research
- Interest in high energy workplace environment and securing publicity and media results for clients
- Self-motivated, coachable, willing to learn and also support/collaborate with larger team
- General understanding of a public relations/advertising agency’s role in supporting client roster
- Ability to collaborate with the agency’s traffic, creative, and production teams on social media and public relations projects and design/collateral as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- One to three years of experience in the fields of public relations, advertising, journalism, branding, social media and/or marketing
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and shift gears at a moment’s notice as client work requires
- Ability to maintain project, time, and expense reports for efficiencies and record of activity
- Agency experience via internship or full/part-time experience strongly preferred
- References will be requested
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.