The Martin Group, a premier integrated communications firm is looking to hire an Account Coordinator for our Albany office.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Account Service team, supporting internal projects, processes and client deliverables to a successful execution.
At The Martin Group, we have a different brand of thinking. You will be successful in this role if you’re passionate about client success and connecting with every contact, deliver what is promised to internal and external contacts, demonstrate creativity in delivering solutions and are committed to your own person growth and development.
- Supports the Account Managers and Senior Account Managers with the day-to-day tactical operation of the client account
- Works with the account, creative, strategy, digital, creative operations, media and PR/ social teams to develop and maintain project plans, manage client feedback, and ensure deliverables are complete and accurate
- Supports and manages internal projects to ensure they are successfully completed in a timely manner
- Utilizes The Martin Group’s workflow and process, working closely with Creative Operations to execute client deliverables and outside vendor production quotes
- Communicates regularly with supervisor on status of clients, workload and any issues or concerns
- Works with the team to collect pertinent information to open a new project and make revisions to existing projects to submit to creative operations
- Works with the team to put job estimates within the system for both project and retainer work
- Assists with monitoring and forecasting hours, and project billings
- Develops work back schedules outlining key steps and due dates to complete a project on time
- Organizes and monitors traditional and online publications for category insight
- Creates meeting agendas and conference reports, and updates status reports
- Continually looks to improve the client experience
- Collaborates effectively internally and cross-departmentally to achieve Agency objectives
- Assist in new business and business development activities for Albany office and the agency
- Provide coverage to other members of the Account team for vacation, OOO, etc.
- Assist with Albany office administrative responsibilities including receiving deliveries, ordering supplies, greeting clients and collecting mail
- Assist with special projects as needed, reporting back to the Account Manager or others within the agency
- Maintain awareness of local market news and advertising industry happenings and impacts, as well as opportunities
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, driving the team to achieve deadlines, milestones and quality goals
- Ability to collaborate with disciplines across the agency
- Possesses a general understanding of pricing strategies, demographic and geographic trends, competitive analyses, and market conditions in order to craft a strategic approach and offer the client solutions and recommendations
- Communicates effectively in person, via email, and via the telephone with both the clients, agency partners, and across internal departments
- General understanding of the Brand Fuel Process and ability to speak to the agency’s creative, digital, and media expertise
- A team player who thrives on working on cross-functional teams, including those working in other agency offices and remotely
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on both fast-moving projects as well as to long-running and sometimes less-defined tasks
- Possesses a positive demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as various teleconferencing software such as Zoom and Teams
- Collaborates effectively internally and cross-departmentally to reach Agency objectives
- Ability to learn and become proficient in the Agency’s project management software
- Dedicated to contributing to the continued growth of our Albany office
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, advertising, or equivalent work experience required
- One to two years similar work experience
- Agency experience preferred
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.